Valentine's Day 2018 Date Night Sweepstakes Rules
It’s a Date LLC Promotion Official Rules:
SWEEPSTAKES PARTICIPANTS AND PRIZE RECIPIENT MUST BE BOTH (A) LEGAL RESIDENTS OF ONE (1) OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, AND (B) AGED TWENTY-ONE (21) YEARS OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY TO BE ELIGIBLE. VOID OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. SWEEPSTAKES SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. Employees of Sponsor or Partners and the immediate family (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents) of such employees, and all those with whom such employees are domiciled, are NOT eligible.
By entering this Sweepstakes, you agree to and fully accept the Terms in these Official Rules.
- THE PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize shall be awarded to the selected Sweepstakes winner. The Grand prize consists of one (1) Nitehawk Cinemas Gift Card valued at $75.00, one (1) Maison Premiere Gift Card valued at $50.00, and one (1) Sweethaus Gift Certificate valued at $20.00. The Grand Prize is valued at $145.00. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses not listed here, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner.
- HOW TO ENTER: Participants will automatically be entered to win when they buy at least one copy of It’s a Date NYC: The Couple’s Guide to New York City at the itsadateguides.com online store and enter their email address at checkout between 7:00AM ET on January 23, 2018 and 11:59PM ET on February 18, 2018. Entries made online will be effective on the day received. One entry per individual is permitted. Entries will not be accepted on any other ecommerce marketplace including but not limited to Amazon and Etsy. Entries cannot be made by wholesale customers. Any attempt by any Participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email or addresses, accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that Participant's entries and that Participant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. This promotion will also be void where prohibited by law. In the event of a dispute as to any Participant, the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the entry will be deemed to be the Participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. All entries are the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- ALTERNATE MEANS OF ENTRY: You may also enter the Sweepstakes by mailing a letter with your name, address, email address, telephone number and the words “Valentine’s Day 2018 Date Night Sweepstakes” to Sponsor, It’s a Date, 3280 Sunrise Hwy, #236, Wantagh, NY 11793. All requested entry information must be provided. Only one entry card will be accepted per person. Entries submitted by mail will be effective on the date Sponsor receives and processes the entry. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entry via mail is subject to the same terms and conditions as entry via buying the guide on the It’s a Date website
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: This Sweepstakes begins at 7:00AM ET January 23, 2018 and ends at 11:59PM ET February 18, 2018 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the promotion. All entries must be received during the dates and times specified in the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning the sweepstakes depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
- WINNER SELECTION/RANDOM DRAWING:One (1) potential Grand Prize Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. The random drawing will be conducted on or about February 19, 2017 by Sponsor whose decisions are final and binding in all respects pertaining to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: The Grand Prize winner will be sent a winner notification email to the email address provided by Participant when entering the Sweepstakes. To claim their prize the Grand Prize winner must reply to the winner notification email from Sponsor and provide their mailing address within forty-eight (48) hours from when the winner notification email is sent. If a potential winner does not respond within forty-eight hours or is not reachable at the e-mail address provided and a forwarding address and/or e-mail address is not made available or if the prize notification email is returned as undeliverable, then the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected.
- WINNERS LIST: To obtain the names of the winners, please contact withlove[at]itsadateguides[dot]com no later than March 8, 2017. Do not send Sweepstakes entries to this address.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. No purchase or payment of any money is necessary to enter. A purchase will not improve the chances of winning. These Official Rules apply to Valentine’s Day 2018 Date Night Sweepstakes promotion sponsored by It’s a Date LLC (“Sponsor”). The Sweepstakes will start at 7:00:00 AM Eastern Time ("ET") on JANUARY 23, 2018 and will end at 11:59 PM ET on FEBRUARY 18, 2018.
- INTERNET: If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned due to an infection by a computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Neither the Sponsor, nor its Partners, assumes any responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Neither the Sponsor, its Partners nor any Released Entity is responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by the Sponsor due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. The Sponsor is not responsible for incompatibility of Participants’ hardware, software or browser technology with Sponsor’s, its Partners or Released Entity’s hardware, software or browser technology. Sponsor, its Partners and Released Entities reserve the right to seek damages or other remedies to the fullest extent permitted by law from any such person who attempts to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes.
- LIABILITY & RELEASE:By participating in this Sweepstakes, Participants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Partners and Released Entities from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize hereunder, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (e) injury or death to a person(s) or damage to property which may result, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Participant’s entry in the Sweepstakes or Participant’s receipt, acceptance, use and/or enjoyment of any prize. In no event shall Sponsor, Partners or the Released Entities be liable for attorney's fees. Each Participant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. Sponsors, Partners and Released Entities reserve the right to correct typographic, clerical or printing errors in any Sweepstakes materials. Sponsor, Partners and Released Entities are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of this Sweepstakes, the administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the Grand Prize Winner, including such error as may give an erroneous indication that a prize has been won. In the event the Sponsors, Partners or Released Entities are prevented from continuing with this Sweepstakes, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes is undermined by any event including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute, or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state, or local government law, order of regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within the Sponsors’, Partners’ or Released Entities' control (each a "Force Majeure" event) the Sponsor, Partners and Released Entities shall have the right, in their sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes without notice or further obligation. If the Sponsor, Partners or Released Entities, in their discretion, elect to abbreviate, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes as a result of a Force Majeure event, the Sponsor, Partners and Released Entities reserve the right, but shall have no obligation, to award the prize from among all valid and eligible entries received up to the time of such Force Majeure event.
- GOVERNNG LAW & DISPUTES: These Official Rules and the Sweepstakes are governed by, and will be construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, and the forum and venue for any dispute arising out of or relating to these Official Rules shall be in the County of Nassau, New York. If the controversy or claim is not otherwise resolved through direct discussions or mediation, it shall then be resolved by final and binding arbitration administered by Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc., in accordance with its streamlined arbitration rules and procedures or subsequent versions thereof (“JAMS rules”). The JAMS rules for selection of an arbitrator shall be followed, except that the arbitrator shall be experienced and licensed to practice law in New York. Any such controversy or claim will be arbitrated on an individual basis, and will not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. All proceedings brought pursuant to this paragraph will be conducted in the County of Nassau, New York. The remedy for any claim shall be limited to actual damages, and in no event shall any party be entitled to recover punitive, exemplary, consequential, or incidental damages, including attorney’s fees or other such related costs of bringing a claim, or to rescind this agreement or seek injunctive or any other equitable relief.